Personal pita pizzas smothered in a garlic three cheese mixture (ricotta, mozarella, parmesan) and topped with a thin decadent layer of pesto. Such a simple recipe. This personal pizza only takes minutes to assemble and bake. Perfect for a quick meal or even as a snack!
There are days when you just need to partake in something distinctly adult.
(Especially when you are a stay-at-home parent.)
Some people turn to wine. Some people turn to coffee. Some people turn to chocolate.
On this particular day, I chose to make myself a personal pita pizza. (Just look at those pretty little colorful tomatoes from my produce co-op! LOVE!)
These pizzas never fail to amaze me with their simplicity and their elegant flavor.
Plus, pizza = fun. I need more fun in my life, always!
Smothered in pesto and a ricotta-mozzerella-garlic mashup, this pizza is a recipe passed down from my mother to me. On busy days, these are a must make for me.
After my last final of college, I remember coming home to an empty house and quickly making myself one of these. It’s really the ultimate comfort food! Especially when things are feeling rushed or stressful.
It only takes minutes to assemble and uses ingredients that are often already stocked in my fridge. And, if you use foil like me, making this only dirties one bowl.
ONE BOWL. How often are you able to quickly make yourself a warm, cheesy comfort food without leaving a trail of dishes behind??! ALMOST NEVER.
Pop it in the oven until the garlic-y cheese ooze and the pesto glistens. Then enjoy as slowly as life allows!
- 1/3 c Mozzerella
- 1 tbsp fresh Parmesan (plus additional for topping)
- 1 tsp minced garlic (jarred)
- 1/2 c fresh Ricotta
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 pitas
- 2 tsp jarred pesto
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Farenheit
- Combine first four ingredients in a medium sized bowl with a fork until combined.
- Line a baking sheet with foil, and set pitas out on pan.
- Using fork, place half of the cheese mixture onto each pita and gently smooth evenly across surface.
- Spoon a tsp of pesto onto the middle of each pita. Gently smooth across cheese until there is an even coating.
- Bake in oven for 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Allow a few minutes to cool, add salt/pepper/parmesan as desired, then enjoy!