Start your weekend off right with this weekly series! Here are your Weekend Links!
Guys, I have been doing a lot of work on the ol’ blog. I have rebranded, which ended up being a BIG project. I have a new direction and so much energy! I can’t wait to share with you some of the big things I have in store, including this new Weekend Links series!
Here are a collection of fun things I’ve discovered this week! Enjoy!
- Valentine’s Day is right around the corner, and I can’t think of a more adorable couple than Chip and Joanna Gaines. The Gaines shared their Valentine’s Day Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake recipe with People Magazine this week. So yummy, so adorable.
- Speaking of Valentine’s Day, here’s a note for my husband. In lieu of flowers, I will accept a bouquet of these rose cupcakes. I worked in an office where people traveled internationally and it was a tradition to bring back candy from wherever you went. THAT is how I fell in love with rose flavored things. Am I alone in this? Srsly, I need those cupcakes.
- Have you bumped into the recent internet obsession, hygge? Basically, hygge is a Dutch word that means you allow all things cozy into your life, especially at wintertime, but there is a lot of chatter right now about what hygge is/is not. The New Yorker article “Is This Hygge?” by Susanna Wolff gave me a chuckle.
- And, as someone who works from home, The New Yorker article “I Work from Home” by Colin Nissan was funny but also a little too accurate. I’m wearing slippers. When did I put on these slippers? I can’t remember.
- I just finished reading The Husband’s Secret (affiliate link) by Liane Moriarty this week, and I really enjoyed it! I kicked off 2017 by reading Ray Bradbury’s Fahrenheit 451 (affiliate link), which was a heavy read. I wanted my second book to be an entertaining page turner that I couldn’t put down. The Husband’s Secret did not disappoint! I was hooked to the very last page!
- Are you wanting to memorize more scripture this year? I love this new series by Carried Away Ministries, 11 Bible Verses to Grow in Your Faith in 2017. Each scripture verse helps delve deeper into a different name of God. There’s even a freebie printable notecard!
- And lastly, an encouraging link for all you mamas in the trenches. You’re not alone.
Note: this post contains affiliate links, which means, at no extra cost to you, I am given compensation. I only promote products that I would use myself. Thank you.