This salad–kale, roasted acorn squash, goat cheese, sliced pears, dried cranberries, pumpkin seeds, and honey balsamic dijon dressing–is dramatic yet packed with fiber-rich superfoods. An attention getting show-stopper that is perfect for any meal or event. It is the remedy for the end of summer blues and eases the transition to fall. Save this recipe for the honey balsamic dijon dressing alone! So yummy! Thank you to Iron Clad in Wamego, KS for allowing us to use your beautiful facility!
Life gets busy again over the next couple of weeks. Schools will be resuming, and pools will be closing.
Almost all of the family works in education in some capacity. We have the blues because summer is ending.
This salad welcomes fall flavors with outstretched arms.
Thanks to Iron Clad Coworking and Events for allowing us to use this beautiful facility. Keep them in mind for your next event. Or, consider coworking in their facility if you work from home or crave work in a beautiful creative space. They are great to work with!
- 1 acorn squash
- 2 pears
- 2 large bunches of kale, or one large prewashed bag
- 1/2 c dried cranberries
- 1/3 c dried pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 c goat cheese crumbles
- 1/4 c balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 c extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- 4 tsp dijon mustard (or 1 tbsp + 1 tsp… I was trying to save you from having to wash two measuring spoons for 1 ingredient.)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Wash the acorn squash, and pierce the skin with a knife in 10-20 places. Place on a microwave safe dish and cook on high for 10-15 minutes on 5 minute intervals, depending on the microwave. (We just want to soften the squash so that it’s easier to slice.
- Once it is softened, cut off the top and slice into rings. Use the knife to remove the seeds and pulp.
- Lay out rings onto a greased cookie sheet and bake about 15-20 minutes or until tender. Slice pears and combine other ingredients while squash is baking. Combine all dressing ingredients into a mason jar and shake.
- Place squash atop salad and serve.
Read Anna’s post on Monday Inspiration: The Importance of Family Togetherness!